Location: Kuranda, QLD
Scope: Design and supply of modular solar system to extend the radio network to remote areas
Solution: The Valen Team supplied several turn-key packages to provide power to remote telecommunications sites including precast concrete footings, enclosures, solar panels & solar frame, inverters and DC distribution. The customer was so happy with the solution that they extended the project to include additional sites. In addition, photos of the modular system published to our network have generated interest for a complete solution in other areas of the industry.
System supplied: Valen ENLiFEN Energy Storage Optimiser (ESO) 48V300Ah lithium battery system installed within a custom 19-inch cabinet
Solar: Valen 300W Solar Panel complete with ground mount frames to suit
Other: Supply of enclosure & precast concrete footings
Completion: October 2019
Customer: Queensland Rail
Location: Maylands, WA
Scope: Design & Supply of off-grid solar system to provide power to the remote radio network.
Solution: The Valen team was awarded this two-year tender in 2018. The Valen team designed and supplied batteries, Inverters, solar frames & panels to the government radio network and was recently acknowledged for their proficiency by being awarded an extension on the contract for a further 3 years.
Batteries supplied: Valen ENDUROGEL 12V155Ah Front Terminal Battery – with Catalyst Life Extender
Solar: Valen 300W Solar Panel complete with ground
mount frames to suit
Customer: Western Australia Police
Location: Devonport, TAS
Scope: To supply batteries and racking for telecommunications application
Solution: Valen’s experienced project management team coordinated the supply of OPzV batteries and racking to meet a critical deadline. Ensured sign-off of specifications and managed supply chain risk by effective communication and planning.
System supplied: Valen OPzV 2V800Ah battery
Racking: Valen 48V Battery System 2V800Ah Battery Rack
Completion: March 2020
Location: Cooma, NSW
Scope: Supply of lithium batteries to remote off-grid solar sites for Snowy Hydro 1 and 2.
Solution: The Valen team supplied & installed lithium batteries, Inverters & solar panels to provide power to the remote site. To support our execution of the project we developed the specs and ensured a sign-off procedure was followed prior to manufacture. Delivery of the project included multiple support visits to the site by our technical support team.
System supplied: Valen ENLiFEN Energy Storage Optimiser (ESO) 10x 48V100Ah lithium battery system installed within a custom 19-inch cabinet
Completion: March 2020
Customer: Snowy Hydro
Scope: Design and supply solar kit options for water monitoring & weather stations on rural areas such as council areas and farms.
Solution: Valen reviewed their current solution and designed streamlined kits for a low sun option & high sun option + solar bracket options.
– Custom Inventory Kits setup, with single part codes. From what is 17x individual parts.
– Streamline procurement and ETA’s
– Delivery direct to site
Scope: Transport for NSW needed a partner to assist with their solar and battery requirements that were able to provide;
– Reliability in service and supply to eliminate the risk of the project getting off track and ensure the project stay within budget.
– Forecasting of stock to ensure stock was available to meet the project milestones
– Meet custom requirements of charging and labelling batteries.
– Custom specification for solar panels to suit a predesigned bracket.
– Supply technical assistance and on-call support to help with troubleshooting any technical issues.
Valen worked with Transport for NSW, to reduce their workload and ensure the project was completed, on time and on budget.
– To achieve this, Valen helped develop a monthly schedule to manage the flow of materials ordered and ensure battery stock levels were effectively monitored, ensuring that batteries were used before their shelf life expired.
– This assisted Transport for NSW in cashflow management, along with guaranteed supply for the length of the contract to eliminate supply chain risk and or deliveries running late and the project getting behind schedule.
– Valen supply management solution resulted in all contracts we were apart were delivered on time and within budget for Transport for NSW.
– Overall, this managed approach and proactive scheduling have reduced on-site call-out fees and sign failure by more than half. Resulting in substantial savings for labour and product costs.
Scope: Streamline solution for solar and battery backup to provide Wifi for remote areas.
Solution: Valen has designed a Turn key solution with technical scoping, including batteries, panels, pole mount solar brackets, controller gear, and enclosure. This kit has a run time of 18hr, 2 days backup & 50% DOD from the batteries.
– Technical scoping and kit design to meet specific requirements.
– This site was a trial for a role out, which now can be repeated with easy, as the Procurement is under one Kit Code.
– Delivery was direct to site, which was out remote western NSW